Application for work permit in Turkey can be made from Turkey or abroad:
- Foreign nationals residing outside Turkey can apply to the Turkish Embassy/Consulates in the country where they reside/which they are a citizen of.
- In Turkey, foreign nationals who have a valid residence permit (to be valid for at least 6 months, except for training purposes), can apply directly to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
- In case all documents submitted are correct and complete, it takes approximately 30 days to issue a work permit.
- After the approval process is completed, the applicant is informed by phone or e-mail.
- Due to the necessity of possessing an ID number of Republic of Turkey in order to execute the electronic application process, foreign nationals are required to give a mandate to a citizen of the Republic of Turkey to carry out this process authoritatively.
After the work permit is issued and the employment visa application is approved by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security
- The employment visa transaction fee is not refunded.
- Work permit transaction fee is not refunded.
- In order to get the residence permit, the employment visa and work permit holders should apply to the Foreigners Branch of Police Department within 30 days from the date of their entrance to Turkey. Except for residence permits for educational purposes, foreigners who have a residence permit valid for at least 6 months can apply directly to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security.